Monday, October 26, 2009

Menu Monday - Oct 26, 2009

Here's what we had last week:

Monday: Breakfast for Dinner... I don't know what it is about Mondays, but dinner is always last on my mind.

Tuesday: Stir Fry made from chicken, broccoli, green onions, mushrooms, carrots and celery - delicious! I start off with a little bit of olive oil and saute some crushed red peppers, garlic and ginger, then add the chicken, then the veggies, then a little sesame oil and then some soy sauce. I had a roommate in college who would do a sauce of one part water, one part soy sauce, and 1/2 a part sugar - it was delicious, but my husband's not a fan of a sweet dinner.

Wednesday: Pinto Beans.

Thursday: Angel Hair Pasta with Lemon and Chicken, served with a side of green beans.

Friday: We were at a friend's Halloween party and were so focused on getting our costumes together that we totally neglected eating (I was the ultimate nerd down to the lipstick on my teeth, my husband was the ugliest woman you've ever seen). We ended up have a dinner of chips and salsa and cupcakes.

Saturday: Busy busy day - we ordered pizza.

Sunday: My wonderful husband made dinner. Ahhhh.. He is the chili master and cooked up a delicious batch of chili along with some cornbread.

I've taken some requests for this week that I'm going to try to squeeze in. Steve wants me to make these delicious meat patties with gravy and mashed potatoes that his mom makes, Joe asked for Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches and Kathrynn wants me to make some Mac and Cheese - so my homemade Macaroni and Cheese recipe which is WONDERFUL should pop up soon. The PB&J will have to be a lunch thing - sorry, Joe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment