Monday, October 12, 2009

Crockpot Italian Bowtie Pasta

This is one of my FAVORITE recipes. If you have children who don't like seeing green stuff in their pasta, they might not be game for this one, in fact I made it once and my 10 year old step daughter turned to my husband and asked "Do you really like this?" without even picking up her fork. He answered "Yes," of course - he loves it - and so do my little ones. :)

Crockpot Italian Bowtie Pasta

1/2 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
8 oz tomato sauce
14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low 7-8 hours. I thought I could cut the time in half and cook it on high, but it wasn't nearly as good - go the long route with this one! Increase to high and add:

8 oz bowtie pasta (though I'm sure you could use any kind - just have to change the name...), cooked and drained
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup Mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan

Cover and cook 10 more minutes then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment